The menstrual cycle in a healthy woman should be stable. Any violations can signal hormonal problems or the development of gynecological diseases.
If you are planning to have a baby or carefully monitor your reproductive health, you need to know from which day to consider the monthly delay. This will save you from unnecessary worries and experiences that may be baseless.
Before you know how and from what day to consider the delay of menstruation, you need to accurately calculate the regularity and duration of your menstrual cycle. This can be done using a regular calendar or a special program.
In the calendar you need to mark the “red” days for several months in a row. The length of time between the monthly periods, starting from the first day of bleeding, is your individual cycle. It must be constantly repeated.
With the help of a special calendar, you can carefully study the features of the menstrual cycle, learn to accurately calculate the day of ovulation to determine the days with the maximum chance for conceiving a child.
In an adult woman of reproductive age, the duration of the menstrual cycle can be 28–30 days (for some, it is not a couple of days more or less). If you cannot do such calculations yourself, consult a gynecologist on this issue.
The duration of the cycle depends on various factors – hormonal background, external conditions, psycho-emotional state. Calendar delay monthly can be calculated at home.
A deviation of several days up or down is considered insignificant, and not worth your worries. With a longer delay, it is worth making an appointment to see a doctor, and to undergo an examination of the reproductive organs.
Most young girls ask themselves the question – How to calculate the delay of menstruation with an irregular cycle? If the time interval between menstrual bleeding is different each time, you need to determine the exact cause of the delay. Various factors can influence the regularity and duration of a cycle, namely:
- Imbalance of sex hormones in the body. This is the most common cause of delayed menstruation. The hormone estrogen and progesterone affect the functioning of the reproductive system, and any violation can lead to disruptions of the menstrual cycle or ovarian dysfunction.
- Strict diet, lack of healthy vitamins and microelements in the diet. Girls who often torture themselves with strict diets often have delays. If you do not change the diet, periods can disappear altogether, which is fraught with sterility and the development of dangerous pathologies of the reproductive system.
- Diseases of the internal genital organs. It can be any inflammatory processes, fungal or infectious pathologies, tumors. These diseases are dangerous to the health and life of the patient, require immediate qualified treatment.
- Pregnancy. If your periods have disappeared, you may be pregnant. This reason for the delay is the most pleasant. Check to make sure that the fetus is developing normally and eliminate the danger of ectopic pregnancy.
- Cycle failures due to severe intoxication of the body with alcohol, drugs, other toxic substances.
- A secondary symptom of dangerous diseases of the internal organs – the liver, heart, blood, kidneys or the central nervous system.
- The beginning of menopause. In women after 45 years, the cycle becomes irregular, long-term menstrual bleeding can occur.
- Genetic predisposition.
Any delay in menstruation, with the exception of pregnancy, is an alarming symptom signaling a malfunction in your body. If this problem bothers you regularly, be sure to consult your doctor and find out the exact cause of its occurrence.
When is considered monthly delay with a regular cycle? If you want to accurately determine whether there is a delay in menstruation, use the calendar. Add the days of your cycle (28-30 days) to the start date of the past menstrual period. So you can determine the start date of the next menstruation. If the “day-x” has long passed, and the bleeding has not started, be sure to consult a doctor.
It is more difficult to determine the delay in an irregular cycle. To do this, carefully review the female calendar, and calculate the longest cycle interval. It is best to focus on it when determining the exact date of the next month.
If you delay regularly, pay attention to its duration. Perhaps you just made a mistake in the calculation of the length of the menstrual cycle. The absence of menstruation within 2-5 days is not critical. This may mean that the egg has matured longer. In a single case, you don’t need to worry at all. A delay of 10 days or more is a clear reason to see a doctor. If a woman is not pregnant, then she develops serious pathologies of the reproductive system.